Monday, August 16, 2010

Bret's 37th Birthday!

It was the big 37 for Bret this year! His celebrations started off with a yummy Sunday dinner. His famous smoked ribs and a little strawberry/raspberry shortcake for dessert! The raspberries were HUGE and super delicious!
The next day, we headed down to the Veteran's pool which was a treat for all of us. Everybody wanted to go down the slide with Dad because he doesn't get to come to the pool very often. The weather was perfect, each of the kids had a friend to play with and we just enjoyed a little time in the sun. Later that night we headed to Chili's for some yummy dinner. It was fun to have everyone together on Bret's big day!
Some things we love about our Dad:
He is a hard worker
He takes good care of our family
He honors the priesthood
He is a great example of service
He has an amazing sense of humor! He always keeps us laughing
He's a good problem solver
He is always honest
He takes good care of our yard
He makes some "mean" smoked ribs!
Happy Birthday Dad!
We are so lucky to have you!

2 comments:

Gwen said...

Archie, I love you! Even with barbecue sauce all over your face. The great family that you have created bring such joy to Dad and I. Thank you for many happy years. Mom

Kelly said...

I seriously dont know how I missed these posts! LOVE that pic of my brother with a Big Smile and a lil rib sauce on his face. I love you Bret! I count myself LUCKY to be able to call you my brother. love you! May this be the BEST year yet! Hoo Hoo!