Monday, June 7, 2010

Grandpa Z's 58th Birthday

This year for Grandpa's Birthday, Grandma invited us up for root beer floats. We sat out on the back patio while we ate them and watched the hummingbirds and Blue Jays fly in for a little something to eat themselves. There's nothing better then watching the Blue Jays come in for a peanut and everyone holding really still so we can hear the hummingbird's wings. It reminds me of watching for the birds at my Grandma's (Laurine Zumbrennen) house when I was little. We would sit at the kitchen table and watch for the birds while we ate our breakfast after a little sleepover at Grandma's house.
Dad, you are one cute man! I'm so lucky I have you. I love your bright, happy eyes in this picture.
Thank you, Grandma, for the the yummy treat. It helped us to start the Summer off just right!

We love you Grandpa, Happy 58th!

1 comment:

Gwen said...

Happy Birthday Grandpa ZZZZZZZ! You sure have BEAUTIFUL grandchildren. There is some kind of magic in those blue jays and the peanuts! We hear about them often. Hope you had a wonderful birthday. Did I mention that you raised one heck of a daughter! She brings so much joy to our family. Bret and the kids are so blessed by her. Thank you!