Thursday, May 21, 2009

Hope of America!

Jenny participated in the Hope of America show again this year! It's one of my favorite things to go to. Since the beginning of the school year, Jenny has been going to show choir early in the morning before school starts, two days a week, to learn new songs and singing techniques. Then the morning of May 6, 2009, they joined up with over 35 schools across the county to perform songs for us in the Hope of America show. Every student knows the actions and words to every song and they dress in different t-shirt colors and sit in specific seats so that they display the American Flag. It is amazing!
The show is such an amazing production and I was proud of Jenny for choosing to be a part of it this year. Grandma Z came and sat by me and we soaked in as much as we could. With tears in our eyes, we heard songs about freedoms to V.O.T.E, Abraham Lincoln, Martin Luther King Jr., the military, Declaration of Independence, and "This is America" which is always my favorite. On this song, the entire crowd is invited to participate in the actions and WOW. . . it's amazing.
Thank you Grandma for coming to see Jenny perform in the concert again this year. We can always count on Grandma to bring a little something to nibble on like, chocolate covered cinnamon bears (that melted last year because we were literally in the nose bleed section of the seats), M&Ms and licorice. YUM! We even got to go for an ice cream treat this year to "Spoon Me" after the show. As usual, Jenny savored every last bite!

Jenny has some of the cutest friends. We are so grateful for each one of them.
Here are a few of them . . . Meg, Bailey, Jessica . . . We love you!
Thank you for being so wonderful!

5 comments:

Rowley Family said...

Looks like fun! I can't believe how big your kids are...Time flies so fast!

Gwen said...

Wish I had been there. I always cry through all the songs too. Next year. . .it is a must. I love your darling clean faced friends Jenny. I love America too!And I love you Jenny!

Kelly said...

Jenny... You look DARLING and so BIG! Looks like you have such FUN friends! They are so LUCKY to have you as a buddy! Wish My girls could get a little of you! Someday..! I wish I could have heard you preform. I know it was Awesome! I love your dedication to go to school "early" to practice. Kim and I would sing in bed each night before we would go to sleep some of those great songs. You'll have to ask her to sing you one... What happy memories! I love you Jenny! Love to see Greandma Z. You 3 look like you are all Sisters! Whats the secret? Nick seeing you makes me homesick! LOVE YOU JENNY!

Kelly said...

I almost forgot... Is your hair long or short Nic? The last post you were short and this one you are long... I LOVE all the new hair-dos! You look so good with each new hair style!

JaMie HeApS said...

jenny you little hot mama you. im so glad you got to do that, how fun and there is nothing better then good friends. wish i could have heard you sing you little heart out. love you